Intro

Hello everyone, and welcome to my new blog!

Before I get started posting, I simply wanted to explain what my purpose with this blog will be.

Let’s begin with a quick introduction about myself. I am currently wrapping up my final year of college. My major? Environmental Science with a concentration in Conservation. I am also minoring in English. This tends to surprise people-who likes science AND writing? Well, that’s me. I have/had another blog (I’m currently trying to find another domain for it) that spanned across various topics, whether it was book reviews, lifestyle, crafts, college, geeky things, etc. With ‘Mermaids and Plastics,’ my plan is to narrow down on a specific topic by putting my major and minor together. Essentially, this blog will aim to give people a better understanding of the environment and teach people to love and take care of it.


What type of posts can you expect? 
All kinds. I love science and the environment, but I’m also more of a creative person. My posts will probably be related to the environment without people realizing it. I intend to post environment-themed art, reviews of articles/books, ‘Meatless Monday’ ideas, my experiences trying to get into this field, volunteer work, and perhaps more. We’ll see how it goes.

Why the name “Mermaids and Plastics?” 
I live by the beach, and I’ve always had a fondness for the ocean. I want to help protect it, and one of the main issues with the ocean now is the excessive amount of plastic that it’s polluted with. Mermaids are associated with the ocean (I love mythical creatures-I’m also a bit of a geek), so I combined it with a major issue. I’m awful with creating names, but I thought “Mermaids and Plastics” didn’t seem too bad. Plus, I was really into researching plastic art (check out this link if you’ve never heard of it!) at the time, so I thought I might try making art out of plastic in the future.

Well, hopefully this introduction didn’t bore you too much! I’m still working on the layout and pages for the blog, but new posts should be up shortly! Thanks for reading!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18156989/?claim=r9rqg2puufj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment